- Earl Major, Head of Human Resources at Delta Dental of Michigan
- Brad Holliday, PHR, SHRM-CP, CBM, MBA
78% of employees treated uncivilly reported declining commitment to their company.
When treated with incivility, 48% of employees purposely decreased their work effort
Managers and executives spend up to 7 weeks per year - mending employee relationships
71% of doctors and nurses linked incivility to known medical errors - including death.
- Dietrich Von Biedenfeld, Mayor Pro Team of West Columbia, TX
OK, here's five to start...but there are certainly more. These happen at an individual and/or organizational level:
1. Improvement in the quality of everyday conversations and engagements. This happens face-to-face, over phone calls, and through emails & texts.
2. To more effectively work through differences of views with others. A genuine ability to reduce stress and increase respect for others and their views.
3. Improved trust and belonging within employee & personal relationships.
4. Growth of an individual's specific intrapersonal and interpersonal skills, as well as strategic dialogue techniques.
5. Improving results and accountability in a greater listening to, learning from, and respect show for others.
6. Using this healthier practice of engagement both INSIDE and OUTSIDE the office. This is important, as toxic behavior and stress are often transferred from one place to the other.
7. Improved organizational culture through genuine improvement in belonging, trust, and inclusion. This is a natural by-product of healthier conversations and digital engagements.
8. The ability to give HR, D&I, and people leaders an up-to-date report on all employees registered for the course and their current progress. This comes as a simple spreadsheet.
So there's your 5 - oops! I mean your 8.
We're especially happy to clarify presumptions. Walking the Ridge:
1. Is NOT a leadership program. It's a course created and priced to give every single individual and employee the inspiration and tools to improve, helps others, and make a difference to work and societal culture.
Whether its a company of 20,000 people, a church of 500, or a family of 5. This course is meant to inspire and empower learners with tools to create healthier interactions - and allow more 'points of light' to catalyze healthier work and societal culture.
2. Is NOT a replacement for an entire culture program or learning platform. Actually, it was crafted specifically to blend into any current people or culture programs & strategy. entire culture or learning software platform or program.
3. Is NOT a state-mandated learning course. This course specifically triggers 'boots on the ground' improvement in the practice of tolerance and civility.
It's an easy-to-use system and practice that everyone can slowly drip into the way they communicate and digitally engage with others over time.
Rather than HAVING to learn this...we see viewers WANTING to use our new techniques, tips, and strategies in their work and personal communications.
Absolutely. For those who want to move further into more specialized improvement, we genuinely 'bring the goods' for both training and/or speaking engagements.
We present with an engaging energy and deliver customized training on any of the individual lesson topics/components within the Walking the Ridge system and practice.
Reach out to us by emailing [email protected] and we'll be happy to speak further.
Techniques, exercises, and easy-to-understand examples provider key support for development.
Every viewer also receives a Walk the Ridge wristband. A visual anchor to transfer L&D into practice.
Remote use gives 'snapshot' reports on employee progress + REAL feelings from 100% of viewers.
Branded by logo, segmented data, and personalized video introduction tying in your core values.